3/12/2008

The Muckraker: In a Nutshell (and an Invitation)

I got active in my community in 2002.

An attorney friend, Bill Gammon, and myself teamed up to give our community control of our Home Owner Association - for the first time since it began the 1980's. It all began when the developer controlled board refused to give residents information we had a right to see. Then they refused to let a candidate on the ballot. And then they played dirty and pulled down our signs (I captured the theft on tape and was able to get it on the local TV stations - we won the election). After many months of hard work, we got rid of the old special interest board which comprised of developer Gary Bradley cronies.

As many of you know, I created AustinTollParty.com in 2004, and then TexasTollParty.com in 2005 after Gov. Perry/TxDOT began talking about shifting our public highways to tollways. And I helped Terri Hall get her start with the San Antonio Toll Party. In that time, together, we've gotten a lot accomplished.

Over the years, some folks have asked me if I was an attorney, perhaps because of the great advice I've gotten from my attorney friends.

I'm not a lawyer. I'm a Creative Director. I've had my own business, Costello & Company for about 15 years. I basically help my clients sell more of their products and services though strategic advertising, smart marketing and thought provoking design.

I'm telling you all this because I'm excited about something I finished recently. I want to invite you to visit the brand new Costello & Company website. You can see a snapshot of it above. Shoot me an email, and let me know what you think. Thanks!
.

No comments: