10/02/2007

TxDOT Parasites, Cockroaches and other Crooked Organisms

There are thousands of parasites that profit off tolls and TxDOT - they often try to come off as regular folks and support freeway tolls in any run of the mill conversation.

I signed up on the ANCtalk yahoo group a couple weeks ago. I sent folks an email about Sen. Kirk Watson pushing to use $900 million of our tax dollars to shift our freeways to tollways.

This one guy, Glenn Gadbois, responded that Watson seemed like a nice guy, and that the tolls were the right thing to do, and that I was rude and unwelcome. After a couple of responses back and forth, I figured this guy was getting greased, so I sent a quick FOIA request to TxDOT.

TxDOT told me that Glenn Gadbois's group, Texas Citizen Fund, will receive over $214,000 from the rogue department that has run out of money. No wonder Glenn supports TxDOT and Sen. Watson - a couple hundred grand would make just about anyone feel they are part of the team.

Come to find out, Glenn’s TxDOT money goes to the “Walk Well” program - they reach out to the elderly via website (and fliers) to tell them where other old folks have gotten run down in a handful of Texas cities - they call these dangerous intersections "hot spots". My bad. I didn't know old folks surf the net.

They just keep coming out of the woodwork, like some never ending evil parade of cockroaches, as they get paid with the free roads money we don’t have. Amazing.

No comments: