7/21/2008

As read in the Dallas News Today

A Letter to the Editor, as published today in the Dallas News:

Toll roads give me heartburn

Re: "There's no stopping toll roads of future – On tour, world summit delegates welcome NTTA's collection system," last Monday Metro.

Am I the only one in Texas, and the rest of the country as well, who still has heartburn over toll roads?

Those yahoos in Austin use what is obviously good judgment to conclude that no matter how much the public is irritated about anything, ignore it. The dummies will get over it. And from the looks of it, they may be right.

I still have a problem with our elected officials charging me to drive on roads that my tax money built.

The fact that Gov. Rick Perry is still pushing them is reason enough to vote against him and anyone else who is on the record as endorsing toll roads.

Don Hopper, Flint

No comments: