6/01/2007

ANOTHER COALITION PARTNER SPEAKS OUT AGAINST FAKE TOLL MORATORIUM BILL

I received yet another email, from yet another important SB 792 coalition partner that CorridorWatch flipped on:

Thanks for speaking the truth. I agree with your assessment. I think we need a much more involved process among anti-toll leaders or King Perry and court will pave right over us.

I had rather loose than accept a lie.
As I reported last week, CorridorWatch did a flip-flop, at the last minute, with coalition partners and unilaterally supported SB 792 without amendment 13 - which was not our agreement (13 would have given us a real TTC toll moratorium).

Gov. Perry (Mr. 39%) got involved with SB 792 - after he eyed the real moratorium's dirt nap (HB 1892) - although some still ignorantly call SB 792 a moratorium bill, Perry made it a pro-toll bill with language that allows dozens of local authorities in Texas to run wild and sell our freeways off as tollways.

No comments: