11/21/2005

Rep. Eddie Rodriguez: One of the good guys!


The following is a smart auto email Rep. Eddie Rodriguez sends to those that contact him. More Reps should be as wise as Rep. Rodriguez!:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding toll roads; I appreciate and value all feedback I get from the citizens of Texas. I am honored to be recognized by TexasTollParty.com as a "good guy" and a "rare individual [who said] NO to Rick Perry and his highway henchmen" and am grateful for the praise from your organization.

As you may be aware, I voted NO on the toll road plan. The Central Texas area has mobility and congestion issues which no one would challenge. We need to have creative responses to these pressing problems which preserve the environment and allow for greater mobility by decreasing road congestion.

I wholeheartedly support legislation that would transfer control from special interest to voters over how to best finance our highway construction and other transportation issues. Allowing the citizens of Texas to vote on whether they prefer a higher gasoline tax or toll roads is sound public policy and takes the power away from the toll lobby giving it to the people of Texas.

Thank you again for your e-mail. If you have any questions or further comments, please feel free to contact me again.

Sincerely,
Eddie Rodriguez

No comments: