11/16/2006

Unelected Dallas Toll Authority raise tolls.


Currently the online poll with 735 votes, has 93% saying the new toll increase is too much. Also see the DALLAS NEWS ARTICLE from today.
Some of the recent comments about the bureaucratic toll increases from the Dallas News Poll:

Where does the toll money go? If it is used to build other roads shouldn't they be built without tolls on them? They should use tolls to pay for the new road construction. Once paid for they should be removed.
----------------
I would like evidence of where the money is going. The roads are expensive and crowded. The Dallas Tollway is slower than taking a side road during rush hour. The expense is not worth the benefit, yet every time a much-needed new road is put in, it has a toll attached to it. Don't we already pay taxes to pay for roads? Where does the money go that we pay for registration and inspection each year?
----------------
This is totally unrealistic. I go through 3 tollbooths just to get to work.
----------------
For that much money, they better be washing my car as I go through the booth! Here's an idea, charge that much so long as traffic is flowing at posted speeds. As traffic jams up, the cost to drive also drops. Nothing like getting your money's worth!
----------------
No longer will I automatically use the tollway, this or any increase is crazy!
----------------
This is getting a bit out of control! The tollroads do not move at the critical times when everyone is trying to get where they need to go! The only advantage of the George Bush for me is it dumps me off near my house, rather than taking LBJ to Preston and North to my subdivision. 190 is already bogged completely down at 6:45am as I head to work and 6:00pm as I return home. Geez, Louise.
----------------
Often times when I take the Dallas North Tollway, I end up sitting in traffic for a long time. Until that's improved, I don't see any reason why we should pay more. After all, aren't we paying to get to places faster??

Read ALL the Dallas News Poll comments HERE.



No comments: