7/02/2006

Another Letter about Gov. Perry's TTC Secret Cintra Deal

Dear Mr. Costello,
I only heard of the Trans Texas Corridor last night, when I took my parents out to dinner. They live in one of the myriad small towns that will be affected: Collinsville, a wide spot in the road on Highway 377 that currently has between 1,000-1,500 people. From what they told me, it sounds as though the entire town is scheduled for demolition in order to make space for this monstrosity! They were surprisingly calm about the issue, despite the fact that their 100-year-old-plus house will be in the pathway, along with numerous other historical homes and at least one late-1800s-era church.
It's not just the taxation that infuriates me, it's the notion that all these small towns, this farmland, this way of life, really, are so insignificant that they can just be plowed under in order to make room for a road.
THANK YOU for spreading the word about this abomination.
Sincerely,
Noelle W.

No comments: