1/25/2006

Rick Perry: Touching the lives of Texans.


From a fellow Texan in Hempstead.

Dear Gov. Rick Perry,

We live in one of the proposed corridor for the tollway. I just found out about it yesterday, and am obviosuly upset. My wife and I spent a lot of time saving for and purchasing our retirement home here in Waller County.

I just found out that the State of Texas may tell us to get out, and we would have no recourse. The thought that this could be done, here in America, is a terrible thing. It may also interest you that we have a lot of Turkey Buzzards in this area. One of our residents called the Federal Animal people, to ask if some could be killed - because they roost in pine trees here. They were told that must not disturb them in any way, as they are a protected species. I hope this gives some additional ammunition. If people don't count, perhaps Turkey Buzzards do.


Mr. & Mrs. Gary S.
Hempstead, TX 77445


No comments: